UGT-Express is a catalytic system with individual native human UGTs (UDP-glucuronosyltransferase) co-expressed with UDP-glucose dehydrogenase. This system shows high catalytic activity and reduces costs as it does not require the addition of UGT-glucuronic acid.
Advantages of the Express Technology
- Stability: Our dry powder preparations have enhanced thermal stability permitting storage in a refrigerator or even at room temperature prior to use.
- Significantly lower cost: Lower cost for the UGT — and UDP-glucuronic acid is generated in situ
- More natural: Native human enzyme sequence in a Eukaryotic lipid milieu.
- Semipermeable encapsulation: This format allows us to co-express ancillary enzymes to make expensive cofactors and co-substrates, thereby further reducing costs.
- Enhanced solvent stability: Many drug candidates are poorly soluble in water and require use of an organic solvent. Express enzymes tolerate higher concentrations of organic solvents.
- Ease of use: Just weigh out, add buffer, substrate and UDP-glucose